Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Back To London

daoR yebbA

(non)Wooly Mammoth (thats probably about 2.5 meters long!)



After paris We did a long drive back to Calais and across the Ferry to the white cliffs of Dover and on to London. We got in around 5.30pm Saturday and caught a minicab to stephs house out in Putney. We then headed back in to some Irish pub (O'reillys I think) just of Picadilly Circus for some drinks with Scott, Justin, j Baz, Ange & Deano for my birthday which was on the sunday. we were pretty knackered and Steph bought me the most salted tequila ever digested and we headed home about 12.30.
We slept in the next day till about 1 (we had had limited sleep for the last 3 or 4 weeks and it was nice to get at least one good sleep, little did we know it would be the only one in the entire 6 weeks) and headed into town where we went to the natural history museum and checked out all the gigantic full Dinosaur skeleton (and a woolly mammoth skull, which made up for Prague, and one moa) displays which were rather impressive.
we then headed to Harrods upon debs demand and walked into the ground floor full of stockings handbags, shoes etc and my heart sank when I realised I was in for the most boring hour or 2 of my life. I took some money and wanered with an air of carelessness for money since it was my birthday and proceeded to wander aimlessly through more handbags, cufflinks, sports coats, polo shirts, jackets worth about $1500NZ, and after a couple floors realised that was that, untill I noticed a sign with music on it, my heart a flutter I quickened my pace and came across guitars and grand pianos (one worth 80,000pounds and probably more) and after spending about 15 minutes there walked through the next door into the cd/dvd sections where I spent the next hour and a good ammount of money (ironically Deb and Steph only bought one pair of stockings and didn't think much of it.
Off to Abbey Road, why not, we were in London after all. After picking one of the 2 Abbey Roads on the map Steph thought it was the right one, and after a long metro/walk we finally came across the famous crossing and studio. Since Steph had been there before and claimed that they had checked on a postcard and everything as to the accuracy of how to take the photo we went along (though I did announce my doubts) as it turned out we did cross the wrong way as we passed a fridge magnet about 5 minutes later, doesn't matter, I find it pretty amusing really.

No comments: